What is Included on Our Home Inspections
Our home inspections are designed to be thorough, very thorough. We often get asked what is covered on our home inspections though.
The answer is a long one. We inspect hundreds of items and components on every home inspection, and take into consideration thousands of possible scenarios. We inspect your structure, roof, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, doors, windows, decks, porches, and so much more.
We take our time on our home inspections and make sure that we not only thoroughly inspect your home, but also make sure that you understand all the information.
Sample Home Inspection Report
Home Inspection Services
- Single Family Residential
- Mutli-Family Residential
- Pre-Listing Inspections
- Investor Solutions
The purchase of your home is likely the single largest investment you will ever make.Beyond the safety and security of a home, it also provides long term financial security. When my family and I were moving into the first home we purchased, my Dad said, “Take care of your home and it will take care of you.” Never has a more true statement been made.
It begins prior to closing by hiring a licensed home inspector to provide you a written report based on visual conditions and the inspectors knowledge, education, skills, and ability. Different inspectors have varying qualifications, equipment, experience, reporting methods, and pricing. Ultimately, a thorough home inspection depends heavily on the individual inspector’s own effort.
We Include on ALL home inspections:
- roof, vents, flashings and trim;
- gutters and downspouts;
- skylight, chimney, and other roof penetrations;
- decks, stoops, porches, walkways and railings;
- eaves, soffits and fascia;
- grading and drainage;
- basement, foundation and crawlspace;
- water penetration and foundation movement;
- heating system;
- cooling system;
- main water shut-off valve;
- water heating system;
- interior plumbing fixtures and faucets;
- drainage sump pumps with accessible floats;
- electrical service line and meter box;
- main disconnect and service amperage;
- electrical panel(s), breakers and fuses;
- grounding and bonding;
- GFCIs and AFCIs;
- fireplace damper door and hearth;
- insulation and ventilation;
- garage doors, safety sensors and openers;
- and much more.
View the South Carolina Standards of Practice here. Remember, these are the bare minimums, which is what most inspectors provide. We generally exceed the minimums and provide you the education and information you need on the specific home of your choice.
Pro-Tech Inspections also offers Investor Solutions and Discounts available for multiple properties. Please call (864) 386-3810 for more information.